Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tutorial: A Felt Pouch

A week has passed from the last post… Wow, time flies really quick… I was spending more time for my daily job which is music and didn't do so much of crafting recently.
Because in a past few weeks, I was too busy for preparation of the fund raising event, and didn't do any music activity at all.... The event ended with success last week. Now, my daily normal life has come back and I go back to be a part time crafter once again.

The great news I would like to share with you is, I had another Etsy sales last Tuesday!!!
I will put together all the sales and donate to Red Cross in the near future, so please stay tune on my blog.

Whenever or whoever purchase whatever products of mine, I always put my products into my handmade felt pouches.
P1040044
It is like my version of gift wrapping to show my appreciation to the customers.
Today I would like to share how I make those.
It is very simple and very easy. Besides, it doesn’t take that long timeスマイル

First, cut felt whatever size of pouch you want to make.
This one is medium size for a brooch or necklace. It’s about 10.5(height)x4(width).
P1040028
Then, fold it from the bottom toward to a little bit higher than 1/3 way. In this photo’s case, I fold up to 4 inches high from the top.
And cut the top corners like a photo on the right.
P1040029P1040031

Saw the edges with sawing machine.
P1040033

Now, get ready to saw a button.
Fold it and figure out where you wanna put the button.
Once you find the best spot for it, move the marking pin like a photo on the right.
P1040034P1040035

It’s almost complete!!!!(Note: From this photos, I took them under the room light. That's why it doesn’t look in same color. However, they are same pouch as photos above.)
P1040039

Lastly you need to make a hole for the button.
Close the top and find the place where you need to open a hole.
P1040042

That’s it!!!! You can saw around the button hole to make it stronger. But it’s quite strong enough even without doing so.
P1040044

If you try it, please let me know how it goes. ウインク

2 comments:

  1. What a cute tutorial! I'd love to make a pouch like this...maybe even one for my Kindle :) Thanks for sharing.

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Featherfactor,

    Thank you for checking my blog! This pouch is very easy to make. If you don't have a sawing machine, you can hand-sawing, too.
    If you make one, please let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete