Sunday, April 24, 2011

Music of the day: Cat vs. Neko

Happy Easter everyone!
Today my husband and I went to a CD/DVD shop.
Originally I wanted to stop by Handmade Galleries, but because today is Easter, unfortunately the store was closed.
Instead, we found a CD/DVD store next to it.

I was checking some CDs there.
I thought if there are any Ingrid Michaelson's CDs there, I might buy them... however I couldn't find any...

Instead, I found a Neko Case CD!
Since I started to listening to music through Pandora, it has introduced me to many cool musicians I didn't know very well before.
When I took Neko's CD, I thought "I listened to her songs through Pandora and I loved them. Let's buy this CD!!!"
I got "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood" which was released in 2006. :)
Which includes following song, 
Maybe Sparrow



We listened to the CD in the car and I started to wonder... "Hmmm... Is she the one I really listened to on Pandora!?"
'Cause I didn't recognize her voice at all.

Once I got home, I checked my Pandora account and I realized my mistake!
Originally I was looking for Cat Power but not Neko Case!!!!!
Why did I make such a mistake!?
Because "Neko" means a "Cat" in Japanese!!!!!
Somehow I translated their name in my head and confused myself! What a dumb person I am!!!

Here is the song from Cat Power.
Sea of Love


This mistake gave me a new discovery of a great artist anyways.
Neko Case is really as cool as Cat Power.
In the end, I am very happy that I got Neko's album today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment