Monday, March 14, 2011

What I can do for Japan

A few days has passed after the earthquake hit Japan. Every time I watch the footage on the news, I can’t stop my tears… It is really horrible what happened there. And I was frustrated that I couldn’t do anything for my home country Japan from here.

Today when I was driving Mulholland Dr., I saw the following sign.
193162_1762670101585_1084066989_31808547_8281439_o
I couldn’t hold my tears when I saw this.
And while I was taking this photo, I was so lucky that the house owner just came back. I thought maybe they were uncomfortable about a random person like me taking a photo of part of their property.
But they said “Thank you so much for taking a photo and sharing with the other people. We have many Japanese friends  and wanted do something for Japan, so we asked one of my Japanese friends to help us to write this sign. We hope this sign gets many people’s attention to support Japan.”
My tears came out more when I heard that.
They also said they talked to their neighbors and decided to donate some money.
All I could say was “Thank you” to them. As a Japanese, I was so happy to know that people careabout my home country, Japan.

I am also going to donate money through Red Cross. But I am not wealthy enough to donate millions of dollars unfortunately.
I was thinking about what I can do for people in need these days.
And I came up with the idea that I will donate the profit I can get from My Etsy Shop, in addition to my personal donation.
In these case, people need money for the long term. Not only a month or two but many years for reconstruction. And nobody knows how long it’s gonna take. I will donate there, long term.
I would be so grateful if you could pray and offer support for Japan.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,I have been following your blog for a while now and I have to say I enjoy to visit it.I have started my own blog recently,where I am trying to mix the pictures of my creations with fashion pictures.
    I would be delighted if you could visit me:

    http://www.jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a wonderful thing for you to do, i just hope that once the cameras leave the people wont be forgotton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dorota,
    Thank you so much for following my blog! It is great feeling that somebody that I don't know reads my blog! And congrats to start your blog! Yes, I will check and follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Aurora Dora Crafts,
    Thank you for your kind comment.
    I will keep donating to Japan even after the camera crews disappear from the area.
    I decided to join the yard sale/flea market on 3/27/2011 for adding more money for donation. I will do whatever I can do!

    ReplyDelete