Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquake hit Japan

Last night, after I just posted "some ups" on my blog, I heard the news that an M8.9 earthquake hit north east Japan…

I contacted my parents in Hokkaido right after that, and they are fine.

My brother lives in Chiba (near Tokyo). He is working in Tokyo, and it took 12 hours for him to drive back home, because all the public transportation, and all the freeways in Tokyo were stopped. He finally got home at 5:15AM.

American TV news networks like CNN try to give us info but it’s not very specific I think. So I started watching the live Japanese news on following link:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tbstv
You can get what is going on right this moment in Japan.

Japan is still being hit by earthquakes right this moment. They're not big as M8.9, however they're bigger than M4. M4 is still quite big.
And those aftershocks make more Tsunami attacks.

Also you can see the footage of the earthquake from this link.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365318/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-The-moment-mother-nature-engulfed-nation.html
The stricken area is still very cold. It’s not like the weather of LA. It is really freezing cold. It still snows in March.
And there isn’t enough food for everybody.

It is very frustrating that I can’t do anything…
I can’t give any blanket or food to people in the stricken area.
At least I will pray that nothing worse than this happens…
Please pray with me for Japan, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Hiroko,
    You are the winner for the Let's Pretend It's Spring Contest! Your look received the most votes from my readers...Congratulations! Could you send your mailing info to skclemens1(at)comcast(dot)net?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kristina.
    After the earthquake hit my hometown Japan, my heart was sunk...
    But thanks to you and voters, I could feel a little better.

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete