Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Season for boots

Summer is over.
In some how, I could survive my crazy summer schedule! Hooley!
I need to wake up 6:30 am and start my work from 8:30 am, Mon-Sat in 8 weeks of July and August.
Before I started, I thought there is no way I could survive this work schedule since I've never woke up before 8 am.
But as a result, I made it!
No being late or absent. Perfect attendance!

Now fall is coming around the corner.
That means good season for boots is coming.
In Japan, we can find so called "Boots Keeper".
Like this, http://www.koncent.jp/?pid=10705017
Those are for keeping boots standing and eliminate odor.

I was looking for those kind of product here in U.S. but I couldn't find similar one.
Maybe they are called in different name, that's why I couldn't find...
And bunch of news papers are used for the substitute for that.
However, taking out and putting back those newspapers into the boots are troublesome for me each time.

So I come up with the idea that I should make my version of "Boots Keeper".
Here is my version of it.

To keep the boots stand, a plastic bottle is in the cover which is made of vintage fablic and ribbon.
To eliminate odor, charcoal is inside of the plastic bottle.

A different size of plastic bottle is used for each pair of boots to fit it's width and hight.
I color coordinate ribbons to remind me of the size of it.




How neat!
Good-bye to newspapers!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea!
    I am always amazed by your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, tenshioni!!!
    If you need some, please let me know. I will make those for you :-)

    ReplyDelete