Sunday, November 28, 2010

Potato Stuffed Buns

Everytime when I go back to Japan, I always go crazy about food.
Sushi, ra-men noodle, and Japanese bakery's bread, buns&pastries.
Of course I can find good bakeries here in L.A, too... However if I really miss the taste of Japanese bakery, I need to recreate them by myself.
So here is what I made.

Potato Stuffed Buns

Bread part is similar to French bread.
Inside is potatoes and bacon dressed with mayo, salt & pepper.
Japanese style mayo is little sour than American mayo.
Adding a bit of rice vinegar to American mayo is the solution to have similar tastes.
Easiest way to prepare potatoes, cut them small pieces and microwave it 5~7 min.
Less dirty dishes, less effort, but taste good :-D
That's my favorite way to cook ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment